- There is widespread agreement that innovation is vital for European economy, but how can we get from smart ideas to economic growth?
- Why innovation matters for our economies, and why it is important for the components of the innovation system to be interconnected.
- The main weaknesses in European innovation.
- Europe needs to think local if it wants to get the full economic benefit of innovation.
- Why Europe seems to fare badly on this compared to other regions such as the US. She stressed the importance of completing the Single Market to support high-growth firms.
- Access to capital is a vital factor for expansion of innovative firms.
To listen free of charge please click here